It’s been rarely the case that I have taken some time out and thanked the Universe for what I have become. I go through my daily life – the routine and the interesting parts; the necessary and important hours; the forced wastage of my time; the relaxed moments – without stepping back a little and reflecting on what I have come to be and How.
Life has been good so far. Had a decent upbringing, Got some accomplishments to be proud of my education, Have a varied set of interests to keep me occupied, Have a great family to keep me happy, Have a job that keeps me interested in the world, Have friends who make me laugh…Yep, pretty good stuff.
I have a lot to thank the Universe for.
- Thanks for Mysore. A quiet, idyllic town where I grew up. The people were okay, but the town had a feeling of calmness around it. This town showed me that happiness can be present even in the small huts and a limited budget family.
- Thanks for Maths. A subject so lovely, that I am hooked on to it for life. Maths helped me earn most of my achievements in life.
- Thanks for my Family. You held my hand when it mattered. You let me free without much restriction. You took care of my responsibilities and let me play.
- Thanks for low cost education. When I studied, education was so low cost that I recovered my entire spending of my bachelors within 2 months of my first job. My Masters’ spending took just about a few more months to be recovered.
- Thanks for the competitive environment. Particularly my 2 year Management course. You taught me to aim high. You taught me to think sharp. You taught me to behave.
- Thanks for my mistakes. They bring out my imperfections.
- Thanks for the way my Marriage is going. I am enjoying it.
… and this is only a partial list.
I love you, Universe and here’s wishing that you continue loving me.